Making the decision to undergo cosmetic surgery can be an overwhelming and life-changing decision. However, the question of choosing the right surgeon for the job can leave you equally perplexed. There is no dearth of cosmetic surgeons, but it is imperative that you chose a surgeon with loads of experience in the field of cosmetic surgery. You may find an expert surgeon in your vicinity, or you might have to travel a few hundred Dermal Fillers for Dark under eye circles in your quest for the best. But the initial botheration will surely yield fruitful results.
To expedite your search for an expert cosmetic surgeon, it is crucial that you crosscheck their credentials prior to undergoing surgery. Check if they are certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or some other prominent cosmetic surgery board. You could crosscheck your state’s medical board to verify the surgeon’s credentials. Having narrowed down on one or two superlative surgeons it is time for an elaborate consultation.
The most common aspects that you may focus on during an initial consultation are as follows:-
– You may inquire about the cosmetic surgeon’s area of expertise.
– Ensure that the surgeon has performed a substantial number of cosmetic surgery procedures.
– Make sure that the surgeon wields the best technological equipment available.
– If price is a factor, check if the expenses incurred meet your budget.
– Ask the surgeon for pictures of his/her earlier patients, depicting both pre and post-surgery images.
– Cosmetic surgery, like any other surgical procedure, involves risks and complications. The surgeon must not dismiss the risks of surgery, and should be willing to discuss any possible complication of cosmetic surgery.
– Most importantly, ensure that the surgeon will be actively involved in post-operative care.
– And finally, shun away any sales gimmicks or unrealistic bargains.
On the whole, an excellent result largely depends on the expertise of the cosmetic surgeon. Hence, choose a surgeon with discretion, since a successful cosmetic surgery could give you a huge boost.
An alternative to the invasive procedures that plastic surgery often employs is the new medical area known as medical and aesthetic cosmetics.
What is medical cosmetics?
It’s probably easier to start with what Medical Cosmetics is not. It is not beauty treatments administered by Beauticians and it is not Cosmetic Surgery. It is non-invasive medical procedures, delivered by qualified medical professionals such as doctors, nurses or dentists, that change and enhance the way people look. The most well known products and treatments are Botox, Dermal Fillers and Skin Peels.
How does the treatment work?
Over time, our skin creases in the areas where we use our facial muscles the most – if you frown a lot, you develop lines between your eyebrows, if you raise your eyebrows a lot you develop lines on your forehead.
Treatment temporarily inactivates the muscles, giving you Fillers for chin ehancement break the habit of using them repeatedly and giving your skin time to recover.
The treatment only takes around 15 minutes and consists of a few tiny injections in the area to be treated.
Within two weeks, the wrinkles you were so used to seeing in the mirror will have started to fade or disappeared altogether.
For the first couple of years, frequent treatments (three monthly) are required to ‘re-educate’ the facial muscles. Thereafter, treatments are less frequent until a yearly maintenance treatment is normally all that is required.